Impairment Rating Evaluation (IR)
Who should be referred for an Impairment Rating Evaluation?
- Individuals who have reached maximum medical improvement.
- Individuals who are awaiting case closure and need to be expedited.
- Individuals who require quantification of their physical function for medical-legal reasons.
- Cases that need Independent Evaluation of impairment/disability.
- Cases with a FCE that need IR to provide more accurate report of workers impairment and functional ability/loss.
What is needed in order to perform an Impairment Rating Evaluation?
- Applicable medical records that would indicate specific pathology/diagnosis are needed to begin rating process. This would include reports such as operative reports, MRI’s and X-rays, electrodiagnostic study reports (NCV/EMG), etc...
- Physician and PT/OT clinical notes that.