LUCAS EMG SPECIALISTS, INC.(CES) was founded by Wendy Lucas in 2014 and provides traditional electrodiagnostic testing on-site for physician clinics, private physical therapy practices, rehabilitation facilities, and self-insured employers. We use traditional electrodiagnostic testing equipment (Cadwell Sierra Wave/Cadwell Laboratories, Inc./Kennewick, WA) and invasive needle EMG techniques, identical to the studies performed by neurologists and physiatrists.
Program Benefits – to the Patient
- Patients scheduled in a timely manner, usually within 7-10 days compared with 3-4 weeks at an outside facility
- Patients return to familiar surroundings with familiar faces, which lowers anxiety levels
- Patients are often only financially responsible for a co-pay (plan dependent) compared to incurring a physician charge AND facility charge when performed in a hospital setting
- Patients can be seen by their physician immediately following the study, if necessary
- Patients follow up with their physician sooner, allowing quicker implementation of a treatment plan or referral to another specialist
Program Benefits – to the Medical Practice
- Creates a new revenue stream for the medical practice with no additional overhead costs
- On-site format allows for improved communication between electromyographer and physician
- Physicians receive reports back within 24-48 hours or the same day if needed
- Patients can be seen sooner for follow up office visit with their physician
- Turn-key operation for the medical practice. Lucas EMG Specialists provides staffing, equipment, supplies, CPT coding, ICD-10 coding, carrier policy/government regulation monitoring, and assistance with any denials.